Putting together an inbound marketing programme requires a whole set of skills. An inbound partner can provide all of these.
Without these essential skill sets, you’re unlikely to be able to run an optimal inbound marketing programme.
You’d have to be the most flexible and brilliant of marketers to have all the skills necessary to run a complete inbound marketing programme. The skill sets are completely diverse – how could someone who’s great at creative design also be an SEO expert? Or be able to manage projects like a regimental Sergeant Major?
- Conversant with both sales and marketing functions.
- Understands marketing personas, key propositions and how to differentiate.
- Completer-finisher who keeps everyone on track.
- Always thinking ahead, making sure there are no surprises.
- Can cope with change based on campaign feedback / analytics.
- Familiar with the broad rules of the English language (C21st not C19th).
- Very quick to assimilate raw content and turn into prose.
- Can produce own copy or optimise others’.
- Used to constant demand of deadlines. Knows exactly what tone and register will appeal to their audience.
- Creative soul but with their feet firmly planted on the ground.
- Designs to fit a purpose rather than just looking good.
- Brings an extra dimension to landing pages and calls-to-action.
- Able to work in a wide variety of styles to suit a diverse range of projects.
- Nothing should thrill the developer more than an online asset they have developed bringing in new business.
- Working closely with both the designer and the strategist the developer steers a course between purpose and good looks.
- Able to optimise content to work (and look great) on a variety of devices.
- The more analytics the better for this technical team member.
- They need to know how to analyse performance and recommend tactics and strategies for optimising content provided by the Editor.
- Able to turn complex, quantitative data into actions for the team.
Once a person has engaged with you through your website or an email then you should be placing them in a nurturing campaign based on their original enquiry.
The Automation expert can take a follow-up process and make it happen while you get on with your everyday work. It is like running an individual marketing campaign for everyone who interacts with your website.
Outsource or partner?
If you don’t have the budget to gather all of these skills to make an inbound marketing team, then you can outsource it all, agree the strategy with the Strategist and then let the Project Manager organise everything for you.
Alternatively, you may want to supplement your team with skills that you know are missing.
We work with both models, so let’s have an initial conversation and see how we may help.
If you’d like to find out more about our full process, get in touch.